Total Cooking Time 20 min.
- 1 table spoon of coarse salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 table spoon of Extra Virgin Olive oil
- 2 Table spoons of Mii sauce original or spicy according to your taste
- Caramelized Onions
- 4 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 2 yellow onions, sliced in ¼ inch slices
- Fresh ground black pepper
- ¼ cup of Brown Sugar
- 16 oz of thin-sliced pastrami
- 2 French Baguettes white or sourdough, depending on your preference
- 4 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 8 slices of Swiss cheese
- 2 large Roma tomatoes
- 4 large leaves of Romaine Lettuce.
- Salt and pepper.
Heat up a heavy bottomed sautée pan over medium heat and add 4 tablespoons of butter and brown sugar. Add onions to the melted butter and continue to toss over medium/low heat until onions are caramelized evenly. Be sure to keep mixing this to avoid burning. Finish with a small amount of fresh ground black pepper. No salt needed here as the pastrami, and Dijon will add enough salt to this melt.
Add pastrami and sautée for 4-5 minutes until starting to brown. Remove from heat immediately. Cut your baguette in 4 equally sized sandwiches in half.
With a spatula, spread the Dijon mustard on each side of the baguette. Lay down the sliced tomatoes and drizzle the Mii Sauce over the tomatoes. Then, add the Pastrami slices on top of the tomatoes and the caramelized onions. Put the sliced Swiss cheese on top of the onions. Put the second half of the baguette on top and stick a tooth pick to keep the sandwich together. Put the sandwiches in the oven at 375 degrees F for 6 minutes. Ready to serve.
This recipe can also be used with Roast beef or Corned beef brisket.
Recipe created by Mii Foods Corporate Chef Thomas Sandi.